cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling network activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My requirement is to schedule the network and, conseguentely the wbs, within the dates provided in material component (requirements date).

I have a scheduling with "network determine date" with operation date

Can you help me?

Thanks & Regards,

Raffaele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of network determine dates, scheduling of the project will take place considering the dates from network & in turn WBSE can also be scheduled. But the requirment you are looking for considering the material requirment may n't happen as on assignment of material components to project, material requiment date will be derived from network activity date (where material is assigned) considering scheduling scenario such as back ward / forward.

If material requirment date is predefined you can go for backward scheduling of the project. Free scheduling scenario may also help you.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all the material components attached to a given activity have the same requirement date, it is better to define that date in the activity concerned as a constaint. - mabe "must finish" constraint.

Then you can do appropriate scheduling as explained by Rakesh to achieve the scheduling objectives.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In continuation with above reply, you can go for

1. a development to transfer material requirement date to one of the user defined fields.

2. then a substitution which will substitute the activity start constraint with the user defined field.

Hope this helps.

Regards