cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Alert Emails using Auto Reaction Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The I have configured a Monitoring set "Message Frequency" in rz20 such that it wil turn to red status when the number of errored out message are more then 4 messages / sec

I have added an Auto reaction method Alert_Email copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Email class.

My SAPConnect is configured properly as i'm able to send emails sucessfully.

The parameters in the Alert_Email is as follows:

SENDER : DDIC

RECIPIENT : <email address>

RECIPIENT-TYPEID : U

In Execution tab i have To be Executed is Function Module -> SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT

Execution method on - > The local server of the MTE to be processed

I have done a senario in which i generate runtime exception.I am able to see the Error frequency node turn to yellow from green and then red..

But i am not able to get the emails...

I also have scheduled the job SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET frequency of 15 min

Can anyone suggest me why i am not reciving any emails

Also the user DDIC has an email address.

Rgds

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You can see following:-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/07/22/smime-security-for-the-mail-adapter-within-xi

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/03/18/basic-spam-protection-for-xi-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

• Reward points for useful Reply.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

But i am not asking for configuring the mail adapters

i want to configure the Auto Reaction method in a monitoring node

all the blogs are referring to send emails

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had a problem with End-to-End Monitoring

That as been resolved

There was a process not defined error which has been resolved

Can anyone let me know how to get the emails Alerts through the Auto reaction method

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone put some light to the issue.

Rgds

Aditya

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are using TCode Rz20 to assign the Auto reaction method to a MTE node if i am not wrong and also you are double clicking on this to assign it.. right ??

Do the following

Release and Transport Method Definitions

When you copy a method, the system resets the release of the copy. To be able to use the copy as an auto-reaction method, you must therefore explicitly release it as an auto-reaction method. You can also transport the method definition to other SAP systems.

The methods created by SAP already exist in all systems with the same SAP Basis release status. This means that you only need to transport your own changed method definitions.

1. Choose CCMS &#8594; Configuration &#8594; Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.

2. In the Methods group box, choose Method Definitions and choose Display Overview.

3. Choose the desired method by double clicking it.

4. The system displays the Monitoring: Methods screen. Choose change mode with the Display &#8596; Change () pushbutton. Choose the Release tab page, and select Auto-Reaction Method in the Execute method as group box.

5. To transport a method definition, choose the Transport pushbutton(), and specify a trans-port request to the desired system.

6. Save your entries.

Assign Method In Alert Monitoring Tree

1. Start the Alert Monitor by calling transaction RZ20, or choose CCMS &#8594; Control/Monitoring &#8594; Alert Monitor.

2. Start the desired monitor from the monitor list by double clicking it.

3. Select the desired node, and choose Properties.

4. The system displays the Monitoring: Properties and Methods screen. The rest of the proce-dure depends on whether you want to assign the method to only this specific MTE or to the whole MTE class:

Assign Auto-Reaction Method to Only this MTE

5. Choose the Methods tab page, and then choose the Method Assignment pushbutton.

6. The system displays the Monitoring: Methods screen. Choose change mode with the Display &#8596; Change pushbutton (), and choose the Auto-reaction tab page.

7. In the Method Allocation group box, choose the Method Name radio button and enter the name of the desired method definition in the associated field.

8. Save your entries.

Assign Auto-Reaction Method to the Selected MTE Class

5. In the header data of the screen, choose the name of the MTE class by double clicking it, and choose change mode with the Display &#8596; Change pushbutton ().

6. In the Auto-reaction method group box, choose the Method name radio button and enter the name of the desired method definition in the associated field.

7. Save your entries.

Assign the Method in Transaction RZ21

1. Choose CCMS &#8594; Configuration &#8594; Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.

2. If you want to assign the method to an MTE class, select the Methods assigned to MTE classes radio button in the Methods group box, and choose the Display Overview pushbutton.

3. If you want to assign the method to a single MTE, select Methods assigned to specific MTEs in the Methods group box, and choose the Display Overview pushbutton.

4. The system displays the Monitoring: Properties and Methods screen. Choose the desired MTE or MTE class by double clicking it. When doing so, note the column Values for Variant. You can change the method assignment for every properties variant, not only for the currently active variant.

5. The system displays the Monitoring: Methods screen. Choose change mode using the Dis-play &#8596; Change pushbutton (). In the Auto-reaction method group box, choose the Method name radio button and enter the name of the desired method definition in the associated field.

6. Save your entries.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS :Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks man i had not assigned the Auto Reaction method by double clicking on the method

Rgds

Aditya

Answers (0)