cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding NFS Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a report generated in R/3 application server and file is placed in the R/3 application server under a particular folder, I want access this application server path in XI communication channel using NFS.

While specifying the path in the cc how should I specify the directory.

Both the R/3 and XI are in the same network.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your XI and R/3 is not on same machine then it is recommended to use FTP, give server name and use FTP and then specify folder and filename respectively.

I am not sure if it is possible to define share folder in your circumstances and then use network path in communication channel but you can try that too.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

We have created a folder in application server and we can access

We have created and placed a file in R/3 application server. We can see that file using al11 transaction. Folder has the sharing access with read/write permissions, but this not a OS level shared folder.

So is it possible to access that file through NFS.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can see this folder on R/3 using AL11 but not in XI. You must create OS level share for NFS.

Else better to go with FTP since it is internal LAN for you FTP will be much secure than unsecured OS share folder.

Regards,

Gourav

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The folder which you can c trought the al11 is in the R/3 server right,,,,so when you need to acess this folder using the XI you should use the FTP as folder is not in the XI server....

in the File adapter select the FTP, and enter the details accordingly....ask the basis to create the user wtih which you can login to the folder on the r/3 using XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this folder shared at application level, So always do we require an OS level sharing.

Currently whenever a program runs in R/3 servers it generates a report in the R/3 application server itself, is there any way I could transfer this file directly to XI after running the program. So that I can access file directory using an NFS from XI server.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

For Shared folder/NFS mount.....

Option 1. Create a Shared folder/NFS mount for XI server on R/3 server

Option 2. Create a Shared folder/NFS mount for R/3 server on XI server

On both the options you need to make sure that Shared folder/NFS mount can be access using <SID>adm and/or SAPService<SID> user ID.

Hope this will help.

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the concept clearly the use of Shared folder/NFS mount on both the XI and R/3 server. Also let me know why cant we access those folders with other users.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go....

Shared folder is generally used in Windows environment while NFS mount is in UNIX.

Now coming to XI...

Take option1 where you are generating file on R/3 server.

There two possibilities...

1. As Gourav suggested you use FTP Transport protocol in Comm channel Definition (you need to make R/3 as FTP server)

2. or use NFS Transport protocol in comm channel definition

If you are going for 2nd option then you need to make sure that <SID>adm has access on that shared folder as you will not allow to use any userid or passwd while defining the comm channel and it is using internal ID to access the folder.

For option2 again two possibilities....

1. Use FTP transport protocol (make XI as FTP server (provided the report that you are generating can use ftp function to put the file on XI server using FTP command)

2. For NFS, you need to share XI folder on R/3 system again you need to make sure that file generating application can access this shared folder.

This is from my experience.

Hope I'm not confusing you.

- Pinkle

Answers (0)