cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am deploying ejb application file. but deployment is getting aborted . i am getting following errors in log file.

Dec 10, 2007 5:50:43 PM Info: End of log messages of the target system.

Dec 10, 2007 5:50:43 PM Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Dec 10, 2007 5:50:43 PM Error: Aborted: development component 'erecapp'/'asianpaints.com'/'J2E_APPL_D'/'20071210181713':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot store information about application asianpaints.com/erecapp in the database during update..

Reason: Object value for entry "PROPS_STR_STR:ApplicationProperties" is too large. Limit is at 2,000 bytes.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.InvalidValueException: Object value for entry "PROPS_STR_STR:ApplicationProperties" is too large. Limit is at 2,000 bytes.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Dec 10, 2007 5:50:56 PM Info: J2EE Engine is in same state (online/offline) as it has been before this deployment process.

Dec 10, 2007 5:50:56 PM Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, in case of web services, the error occurs when the configuration path (together with the Java Package and JNDI names) exceeds the maximum length of 256 characters.

You can try renaming it with less characters.

However, this error has been fixed in the SP20 of 6.40.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had earlier deployed application 2-3 times. it got deployed successfully. but 2day i just added 2 print statements in one of the session bean to trace output,& when i tried to deploye it i got this error. I havent made any changes to webservice. so wt can be problem in this case???

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention i made changes in return result of one of the method in session bean. But that method is returning vector . and i added one more value to that vector variable.

as follows

operationResult.getReturnSuccessVector().add(jobId); // earlier statement

operationResult.getReturnSuccessVector().add(profileId); // i added this statement later

is it goint to affect webservice???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to affect the web service. Can u try revising it ?

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Although i made change in that method but its not affecting data type , or number of parameters that method is returning. I just added one more value to vector which that session bean method was returning.

Now I have deleted change that i made in session bean method. Reverted change from activity also deleted activity. still when i tried to deploy i got same error.

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I have finally got solution for my problem. its bcoz of web service . Here is the explanation :

For every web service port defined in an application there is additionalweb module generated at deploy time. So if you have 10 web services with1 port each the application will contain at lease 10 web modules.

During deployment, context roots are passed to the web container in a

Properties object. There is one property for each web module. The

property has web:<context_root> for key and value the URI of the module

file e.g.: web:service1-service1.war.

When there are a lot of web services ports generated, properties

increases and the maximum length is exceeded.

The length can not beincreased and this limitation cannot be avoided. The whole 04s NetWeaveris running with this limitation, This problem is fixed in 700 but not

So the only approachs left are:

1- to decrease web services names. Try to use web services with as

shorter names as possible.

2- to decrease the number of the webservices contained in one

application.

I simply deleted one of the web service which i was not using n my application got deployed. Thanx.

Regards

Kavita.