cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Portal System details?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webdynpro application which has links that the user can click and point to various systems. For instance, there is a link for SAP Transaction,. if the user clicks this link, the SAP transaction is opened as a URL.

Among, these: There is a SAP transaction for BEX Analyzer (RRMXP).A transaction iview has been configured for this BEX ANALyser. I have a <b>link to URL</b> UI element defined in my application. All i need now is the <b>system and host</b> details of the Portal system (EP), where this transaction iview has been configured. Which is the best way to get the system/host/port details of Portal System (EP). Im not talking about backend, nor of the WAS, but the system where Iviews are configured?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

as fas as I know you do not need any libraries except the WD_RUNTIME libs, that are automatically included when creating a new WebDynpro project and you do not need special Sharing references.

Guess it's some weird Dynpro issue, try reloading, rededploying and restarting the server... Hope it helps!

regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

try this code:

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.task.TaskBinder;
String hostName = TaskBinder.getCurrentTask().getProtocolAdapter().getServerName();
int port 	= TaskBinder.getCurrentTask().getProtocolAdapter().getServerPort();

There's a bunch of other URL-centric values to be fetched.

regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

When i tried this, i got <b>2 errors</b>

cannot resolve symbol

symbol : method getProtocolAdapter ()

String hostName = TaskBinder.<i>getCurrentTask().</i>getProtocolAdapter ().getServerName();

cannot resolve symbol

symbol : method getProtocolAdapter ()

int port = TaskBinder.g<i>etCurrentTask</i>().getProtocolAdapter().getServerPort();

<b>Questions:

1. Are we missing any jar files?

2. Does this work for https?</b>