SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cohort Builder , Module Booking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have a query related to cohort builder .

1. Creating a cohort builder with students , attributes , context objects .

2.Creating Events in the Edit Event offering .

3.A group of students are linked to the cohort builder for an cohort say module booking 0001

4. The cohort gets linked with the student file

My query is how the bookings get affected for that module , in other words how can I refer into the bookings tab of the student file . How the booking for modules / events is done ??

Thanks !!

Regards

Gajalakshmi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the idea of cohorts in module booking is to have the ability to group students in cohorts and enroll them as a group into the module/ event assigned to the cohort. In the plain ERP 6 SLCM version, you could build that as a custom report (using delivered RFCs) or using a BADI in the cohort builder transaction. With EHP3 a mass booking function can be called directly from the cohort builder.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Joachim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the idea of cohorts in module booking is to have the ability to group students in cohorts and enroll them as a group into the module/ event assigned to the cohort. In the plain ERP 6 SLCM version, you could build that as a custom report (using delivered RFCs) or using a BADI in the cohort builder transaction. With EHP3 a mass booking function can be called directly from the cohort builder.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Plumbaum ,

Thanks for the answer !!!.

Custom Report is not an issue for me . I want to add the booking functionality in the Cohort builder transaction and it should automatically take the students who are grouped to the cohort when I execute my customized Pushbutton "Booking" .

Tell whether my understanding is correct :

Do u mean using the Cohort BADI , we should do new implementation .

There is Fcodes tab in the Cohort Badi functionality with 5 Pushbuttons under that, can I mention as "Booking" in one of the pushbutton and which method should I choose for writing customized code ?

Help me out in this .

If not , kindly help me in giving the solution where my mass module booking issue can be solved without using customized report?

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Gajalakshmi,

Just create your own implementation of the BAdi called HRPIQ00COHORTS.

In this Badi, you can first of all define the texts you want to appear. In the BAdi implementation definition, just create the texts in the tab 'FCodes'. Each of these corresponds to a function code (such as +CUSTBTN1) that is triggered when you push the corresponding button.

Now, you just need to program the method 'PROCESS_FCODE'. This method has one of its imput parameters as 'IM_FCODE'. Just read this value, and decide what you want your code to do! You'll have all the cohort data available to you in the method.

Have fun!

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael !!!

One more query is module booking functionality to be made available in future ?

Revert in case of any issues .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Yes, with EHP3, the cohort module booking functionality is already available.

Michael

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GajaLakshmi,

Please paste some reading material on cohorts and cohorts builder in the forum.

Warm regards

vinod kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod ,

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/42/cb4652a2b36bb4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

The tcode to use PIQACADOFFER01 - Event offering for Cohorts .

PIQCOH00 - Cohort Builder .

Have a look at the material and use the Tcodes . Now it is available in IHE102 - Study material .

Regards

Gajalakshmi