cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

As i need to go for testing so can nyone suggest me what are the things we need to do as functional consultant???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

The core team members along with end-users will test whether the postings done in SAP is resulting as per the requirements of the organization or not. As everything what we mention in BPP must be coming clearly without fail during testing and if it is not coming it will be checked again and then again it will go for testing. The way of testing depends on Project and its size. If a project is very big you can have separate testing project running parallel to your implementation and roll-outs.

For functional consultant we have two types of testing: One is unit testing and second one is integration testing.

<b>Unit testing</b> refers to the module which is going to implement. SD, MM, FICO etc. there will be test script and based on that testing will be performed.

<b>Integration testing</b> will be cross the modules. MM-SD-FICO is for example. Integration testing is also called SIT (System integration testing)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are performing Unit testing then you have to check order to cash(SO,DO and Invoice) transactionwise and check header data,item data and credit mgt.(if it active) starting from sales order to invoice.You might have KDS(key data structure sheet) scenrio wise sheet to perform this testing.

If you are performing intergration testing then sit with FI/CO and MM colleagues and perform testing.You have to check posting during PGI and Invoice for all the accounting docs. i.e Accounting,profitability,cost centre,profit center etc.

Let me know if you need further inputs.

Reward if it helpful.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wahida,

Testing is the place where the processes are checked whether they are performing as per the blue print and the configurations done.

It helps to know the business process and at what stage of point we are getting errors and how to rectify them and what configurations are needed to rectify the errors and also to know the business process of the client.

Thanks

Mohan