cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving users in the org structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Whenever, I move my user in PPOMA_BBP, it brings inconsistency that cannot be repaired.

What could be the possible reason(s).

Regards

Mick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use t.code SWU_OBUF for synchronization after you change your org structure, this might help to reolve your problem.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran SWU_OBUF after moving the user in the org structure, still the same error message.

Business partner for user NEILMI is missing or contains errors

Any other thoughts?

Regards

Mick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

This issue (inconsistency) generally comes if you drag and drop the users in your org. structure.When you check for BP / central person consistency using BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE transaction it always gives inconsistency for either address or some other thing.

You can repair the users using the same transaction.Even after that some times the inconsistency persists then delete the employee data and assign the user to the required Org. unit in the Org. structure using USERS_GEN transaction.

The best way to assign users in org. structure is using USERS_GEN transaction. In that select 'Copy User and Employee data from Template' tab and choose create users from existing SU01 users option and execute.

Then choose the required Org. ID to which the user needs to be assigned and the country and click on Continue tab on the menu bar and choose the concerned user to be assigned.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

You can repair the users using the same transaction.Even after that some times the inconsistency persists then delete the employee data and assign the user to the required Org. unit in the Org. structure using USERS_GEN transaction. Also check for the BBP_CONSISTENCY_CHECK transaction for this user (you will get list of errors in Consistency check ).

<u>Related link -></u>

<b>Please go through the following SRM Reports which will help -></b>

Program Name                   Report title                                                                                
RHXSTR00                       Organizational Structure                                          
 RHXSTR01                       Organizational Structure with Positions                           
 RHXSTR02                       Organizational Structure with Persons                             
 RHXSTR03                       Organizational Structure with Work Centers                        
 RHXSTR04                       Report Structure with Persons                                     
 RHXSTR05                       Report Structure Without Persons                                  
 RHXSTR06                       Work Centers per Organizational Unit                              
 RHXSTR07                       Activity Profile for Positions Along Organizational Structure     
 RHXSTR08                       Activity Profile of Positions with Persons Along Org. Structure  

<u>Also, go through the tables HRP1000 / HRP1001 in SRM.</u>

<b>Look for "CHDAT" field in this Case, which will give Last changed by ehich user on which date..</b>

<u>Some related Database Views</u>

View name                      Short text                                                                                
HRV1222OT                      Infotype 1222 (OTJID)               
 HRV5500OT                      EBP Function (OTJID)                
 HRV5501OT                      EBP Product Responsibility (OTJID)  
 HRV5502OT                      EBP Location (OTJID)   

To change the Organization Unit of User, Try this FM - "RH_BUF_GEN_USER_POSITION_ORG" which will assign new org. unit to new position.

<u>Related links -></u>

Hope this will definitely help.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add, since the BP had open documents, it was not possible through BBPMAININT or BUPA_DEL.

Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja/Atul,

First of all thanks to Atul for providing so much of knowledge in form of links and tables

Teja, thank you very much for pin pointing the the problem and suggesting the solution. It really works.

Now the old user is no longer in the org structure and the new user with all consistent data can be found in BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE. But the old erroneous BP does remain in the system. Is there an option to remove the wrong BP from the system?

Finally, I understand that following steps should be carried out while moving a used in org structure:

1. Check there are no open documents related to the user

2. Delete the user in USERS_GEN

3. Delete the assignment and the object in PPOMA_BBP

4. check BBP_OM_INTEGRATE see wrong objects are deleted such as, central person, position

Please let me know 1. if my understanding is correct, 2. how do delete BP?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

Mick