Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration Problem

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I configured Alert for asynchonours scenario. When ever an error occurs alerts are triggering. I configured alert to send Email whenever an error has occured. the problem is when error occurs alert is coming in the alert inbox but it is not sending Email.

If some one knw solution Please tell me.

Regards

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

I Solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkatesh,

How dd u solve the problem ?Let us know

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to transaction SU01 and check whether the email address of user is specified in the user property or not?

Also check in ALRTCATDEF transaction what is the user maintained under the fixed receipent tab for that user check the email address in SU01 transaction.

Thanx

Chirag Gohil

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

hi chirag Gohil

My Email Address is been spceified in SU01 and also in fixed recipeint, i gave my userid. every thing is fine.

regards

venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you check whether the below authorization is given to that user.

For the sending of alerts via external communication methods (e-mail, sms, fax) and for inbound processing, an RFC user has to be created on the central alert server with the role SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER. The authorization objects contained in this role are S_OC_SEND and S_RFC.

refer the help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b2/de0741375cf16fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you configured your system to send mails. Please check in transaction SCOT (you can give address of your SMTP server in order to send mails),

If it is configured then probably you need to personalized alert delivery. In alert inbox you can select personalized alert delivery and check for "Mail" option.

In SCOT you can see how many mails have beed sent via your XI system.

Give me more detail after checking above things. I did alert configuration many times and most of the time email problem is solved by correcting configuration in SCOT. For testing mail system click on System->short message and then send one message to yourself.

Regards,

Gourav

--

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>