cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmarge Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any plan from SAP side to provide UNMERGE functionality in datamanager in any future release of SAP MDM?

thx,

R.n.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts,

Ya its true that MDM does not have unmerge option since SP03.

I am presently using SP05 and i am using the same method as mentioned above to perform unmerge.

But there is one way you can perform merging in a safer way that is by using checkout option.

- You need to check out all your records initially.

- Then the owner of the checkout or all those who have right to modify checkout records can perform merging

- You can use an Approver role who verifies all the checkouts.

- Only once he approves the records will be checkin.

- all else you can make the necessary modification again to the merged records

This was one prescribed methods by an sap mdm consultant.

I hope it helped

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the instructions for manually unmerging were deleted. Can anyone provide a process they use for manually unmerging records?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah R.N,

This is the 1 issues we had raised since SP03 but seems still no plan for it.

We are still doing unmerge manually. I guess its same with everyone.

Please let me know if you need any help in unmerge.

Regards,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay, Thanks for replies...

But +An, How are you doing UNMERGE!!! Because after merging 2 records, If I want to UNDONE that, there is no facility to do that?

Plz provide ur inputs.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh it was easy,

This is Manual Unmerging suggesated to us by SAP

Hope this helps,

+ An

Message was edited by:

An.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh

If I will do Unmerge like this, than i would be my last day for that project!!!

Hope we will get some good un merge functinality very soon, because in most of all good MDM product,they have good unmerge functionality...and it is really required in real time implementation....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is there any plan from SAP side to provide UNMERGE functionality in datamanager in any future release of SAP MDM?

1. In the SAP MDM ROAD MAP upto 2009/10, they have not mention regarding UNMERGE funcatonality in the data manager.

2. When you merged the records --> Selected the NEW record(resulted record after merging), right click and Edit Key mappings, you will find the merged records and their remote keys.

3. When ever you are harmonizing the ( merged record), you can send the respective record to the different client systems based upon the remote key.

4. Where to find further information regarding MDM 5.5 SP05?

SAP Release Note 1025897

hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

> 2. When you merged the records --> Selected the NEW record(resulted record after merging), right click and Edit Key mappings, you will find the merged records and their remote keys.

This is not correct. You can only see the key mapping information because the keys are appended to the new record. But you cannot distinguish the new records origin for each data segment. This information is not visible in this view (neither in different views of MDM).

It might be possible to use the change tracking (if active) to keep at least the information. But this won't really help for an unmerge functionality.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Michael,

You can help us in this context. Please suggest your development team to think to provide such functionality in future...This would really very important....

thx,

R.n +

Former Member
0 Kudos

This we are doing since SP03 suggested by SAP itself and SAP already knew abt it

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Infact, I am also following the same since SP03... No other option...!!!!

thx,

R.n

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you doing the same way as ours ?

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am doing same way. But earlier while using SP03, we thought, we will get UnMerge Functionality very soon. But it has been 2 yrs and still struggeling with the same. If we would compare SAP MDM with other MDM products, than I must say this is one of the important missing functionality....

thx,

R.n