cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdm post install steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

can any body explain me the mdm post install steps.

in my laptop i have installed

1) mdm server 2) mdm import server 3) mdm syndication server 4) database(oracle)

5) mdm console 6) mdm data manager 7 ) mdm import manager 8 ) mdm syndication manager

but after installing all these components when i open mdm console nowhere i can proceed , are there any specific steps to be followed , please explai me

akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

You write that you have installed Oracle DB. Please take into consideration that if you want to use it for MDM, then when creating a repository you'll need to enter the Ora DB instance name how it is written in the tnsnames.ora file, not host name, IP number or something else.

Best regards,

Lev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil

U said that u installed MDM in ur laptop

After that u have to Mount the MDM server.

Click on MDM Console u will see MDM server in the screen.Just right click on tht And Click On Mount MDM Server.

After that u will get Small Window In that seclect ur MDM Server After that Press OK.

U will get Ur Server Under the SAP MDM Server With Red Colour( stop )

Right click on that and select start MDM Server.

Now ur server Is mounted. After that u have to create / UnArchive ur repository under that ok.

U had any repository with u . If not go to SAP Marketplace In that u will Get SAP Defined Repositries.

Hello Can u tell me that which version U installed in ur Laptop.

If u need any further help please let me know

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

After Installing everything, You have to mount the Server. After Mounting, you have to Start the Server. After that you have to create a repository in Console.

SAP had provided standard repositories for materials, business partner etc.

Steps-

go to console

right click on server and select unarchieve

select the standard repository

After creating repository, you have to import data into repository.

For this you can use standard Maps in Import Manager and import any XML file/excel/csv file.

For Import steps- Search sdn, you will get info

Hope this helps,

+ An