cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ofDIA, UP2, UP2 and SPOOL processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are working on SAP ECC 6.0 with 1 CI server and 1 application server its install on IBM eserver xSeries 346 with 8GB memory respectively .And operating system we are using is windows 2003 ent and the database is MS SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (Intel X86) RTM Enterprise Edition / MS Cluster.

CI is installed on IBM eserver xSeries 346 with 8GB memory and the processor is 3.60 gigahertz Intel Xeon (2 processors).Ci instance has 12 DIA process,3 UP1 process, 1 ENQ process, 4 BGD process, 2 SPOOL process and 1 UP2 process.

And APP instance is installed on IBM eserver xSeries 346 with 8GB memory and the processor is 3.60 gigahertz Intel Xeon (2 processors).APP instance has 12 DIA process and 4 BGD process.

I wanted to ask is how many UP1,UP2 and SPOOL process can i add on APP server. And can i increase the DIA process .Does this process depend on the hardware? Please suggest how many process can i add.

Regards

Akif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sascha ,

Thx for your response .As u said to see the time of every process. most of them are above 400 sec and in red.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akif,

the number of WPs you can use depends on your memory.

If you have enough free memory, you can add more WPs.

Check CPU time in transaction SM50, to find out if you really need more WPs.

If there is no CPU usage after some days of productive work, that means nobody used the wp at all...so you don't need too add more WPs of this type.

regards

Sascha