Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding window to window communication

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDNS,

My doubt are:

1.How can we pass paramters from one window to another?what are the ways with which we can pass parameters b/w windows?

2.Can anyone suggest me a sample excercise which deals with window to window communication?

3.Window does not have a context then how can we save data to that particular window?

4. Also tell me how to communicate between windows that are in different applications and also a sample excercise ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear with this explaination.Would you be somewhat clear in your explaination.

I am sorry for this.

I am not understanding what you are explaining me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.How can we pass paramters from one window to another?what are the ways with which we can pass parameters b/w windows?

URL Handling

For Implementing this you need to append the parameters part of the URL.

To append parameter part of the URL

String paramValue = "Test ";

String appUrl = WDURLGenerator.getWorkloadBalancedApplicationURL(wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart());

// append parameters

appUrl = appUrl.concat("?myParameter="+ paramValue);

How to invoke the window with this parameters is mentioned below

IWDWindow win = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"MyWindow");

win.show();

How to access this parameter is mentioned below

IWDProtocolAdapter protocolAdapter = WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter();

IWDRequest request = protocolAdapter.getRequestObject();

String paramValue = request.getParameter("myParameter"); // Name of the parameter

Hope this is clear

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yah Ayyapa,

Thanks for your reply .It solved my issue.

Hope this continues in future,

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh@EDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go through this

String paramValue = "MyVal";

String appUrl = WDURLGenerator.getWorkloadBalancedApplicationURL(wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart());

// append parameters

appUrl = appUrl.concat("?myParameter="+ paramValue);

// window creation

IWDWindow win = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"MyWindow"); win.show();

Upon entering the opened window, which might contain a new view, you can fetch those parameters via:

Fetch parameters from URL:

String myParam = WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestParameter("myParameter");

Regards

Ayyapparaj