cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map PDA Function Keys to Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on RFID module of standard MAM. I could read the RFID tags using this hyperlink by clicking on RFID icon, in the standard application. But here my requirement is user can be able read the tag using the keys on PDA.

i.e., when a user click on a function key(ex: F5,F4 etc), an event has to trigger and invoke the RFID function, without click on the RFID icon on the application.

Briefly, can we map the keys on the PDA to application, using the ASCII codes of the keys.

You help on this regard is highly appreciable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are familiar with C++ - the easiest way is to enhance your browser or to add an ActiveX control to the JSP to handle this functionality. works without problems!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Can you please tell me how to implement this in my JSP page, also please give me a code snippet to add an ActiveX control to JSP for the Function key mapping functionality.

Regards,

Murthy

Message was edited by:

Narasimha Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, there is a great example in the SDK for .Net2.0CF. It is the Active Sync Exampple for C++. Take that as startpoint and implement the Keyboard codes in there. That is pretty much all you need to do. I am not in my office - I am at the customer at the moment - so unfortunately I have it not with me. But this is strsaight forward.

Hope it helps to get you running from there.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I have symbol mc9090 with Symbol Pocket Browser but, I don't know what code is for each function key: for example for Intermec is IBrowse_OnKey49 and for symbol?

Thanks for yur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can map the keys on the device to the application. Add the FunctionKey UI element to the application. In the keyCode attribute we can give the device specific keycode ( Ex: IBrowse_OnKey49 for button 0 for Intermec device). You can write your code in onAction().

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am working with "ecom-iroc" device.

I need this onAction to be called with F5 button.

Can I use the same key code for my device too.

Also please tell me this key code will only work with Java script.

Please help me in this issue

Thanks in Advance,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I know which browser you are using? Keycodes are different for different devices.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyadhar,

MSIE 4.01 is my browser. Can you please give me a code snippet also how to implement this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy

For webdynpro applications, RFID, FunctionKeys and Barcode scanners work only on Symbol and Intermec devices as of now. They have their own browsers like Symbol pocket browser and Intermec IBrowse. New browsers like Naurtec browser will be supported soon. The above functions won't work using Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer.

Regards

Vidyadhar.