cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a UI element in a "safe" way?

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I delete/cut/copy a UI element from a project.

I cannot rebuild/archive the project due a "classpath" problem.

The project's structure is damaged and a lot of errors are generated.

1) How to delete UI elements from the layout without damage the project's structure?

2) If the project's structure is damaged. Is there an easy way to fix it?

(I tried the "repair" option from project name's context menu - didn't help).

Also, I tried to "organize imports" - didn't help either.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4927/errors0ph.jpg

Thanks, Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the end of the error list and see the error ! My guess there might be some mapping of some mandatory parameter missing.. or something which is not directly related to the deltion of the UI element..

Correct if there are any!

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, failing everything else, there is a way to do this if you have deleted an element and the project has become damaged.

In your Windows file explorer, browse to the project directory, search for and delete all the ".class" and ".java" files. Now browse through all the project subdirectories, open every file in Notepad, and search for references to the object which you deleted, and delete those references.

You need to be really careful when you do this, because you can totally ruin the Web Dynpro project. But if done correctly, it can revive a project which has run into the problem which you describe.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you delete a UI element, press the "Save metadata" button such that the view code is regenerated. If you get errors after deleting a UI element, this is a bug and you should open an OSS message.

Armin

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried it, and if I save metadata after each change,

the project structure is not being damaged.

Thanks,

Omri