cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP TO HARDDISK .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I need to take a backup of our R/3 server database to the Hard disk . What are the parameters have to change into the initsap file . kindly tell me the steps .

selvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Thanks , its working fine , Iam able to take the backup using brbackup to the harddisk . Now i have another doubt , How i shedule this using DB13 tcode . Because if i try to shedule using DB13 , it ask for a TAPE NAME , But i already change the profile to disk .

I want to shedule this disk in DB13 . Kindly help me .

selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lars

i want to take a database backup of our r/3 server using db13 or brbackup . we already took backup using DLT tape . Now the tape had some problem . So i want to take backup to any one of the harddisk. So i need the appropriate parameter settings for initsap.sid file . kindly help me .

selvan

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Selvan,

ok, based on the fact that you want to edit a init<sid>.sap file, I assume you're system runs on oracle.

If you want to perform a backup to disk, just set the parameter

backup_dev_type = disk

The backup will then be written to the <b>backup_root_dir</b>.

Maybe it's a good idea to actually read this init<sid>.sap file... there are comments for each and every parameter in there, that explain their use.

These changes in the brtools parameter change the default behaviour - so this will e.g. change the location the DB13 action writes the backups to.

If you just want to make one backup to disk, then you don't need to edit the brtools profile at all.

Use the brtools or better brgui. You get a interactive user interface with these programs that allow you to specify where to write the backup to.

Simple, easy, hard to go wrong with that...

best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharma ,

Thanks for you kind reference , I check the pdf file , But am not able to understand clearly. Can you me the soluotion to take the backup to the disk for our R/3 server .

selvan

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Selvan,

ok, first question: what do you want to backup exactly? The database of the Solman installation or the server setup?

If you want to backup just the database, please tell us what database you're using.

If you want to backup the operating system and the solman software, tell us what operating system you're using.

In any case: be a little more specifc

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please refer to this URL : http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/pdf/backrec_eng.pdf

Hope this helps you.

Cheers

Deepanshu Sharma