cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the change number assignment setting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL SAP expertise,

Where is the number range assignment for change document ?

I had configured the change document for Work center. i could not find out where is the number assign for work center. It is not start from xxxx1...start from xxxx63

The number range also share by Purchase document , in ME23n, in the change document, i can see the change number display. It share the same number range as work center.

Regards,

sim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

I dont know the exact anser for this. But i am trying give my view on the problem. In general for any document (like change doc in ur case) its pf a doc type which holds the number assignment. May be in ur case both the purchase order and work order change documents got assigned to same Document Type. You may need to define different document types with different number ranges. Then it may be possible to solve your requirement. To work on the Doc Config you need to go to SPRO -> Cross Application Components -> Document Management System -> Control Data -> Document Types.

regards,

rajesh.

Message was edited by:

Rajesh Madala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi both,

I still do not find the setting for change document.

Let me explain what had i explore so far

In tcode : CR10, i click on the change number document display. then i see the structure holding this value "field is CHANGENR". Then i use the "where-used" function and see what other "table/structure" that also using this field CHANGENR.

In SE11 , table CDHDR, i input change document range, and the object of the

client, object, object value, document number, name, date, time,tCode, change number,.......

018 RESSOURCE 10000245 0000403630 FEMS_DEV 12/04/2007 10:59:02 CRAV U E

Any idea ??? where to search the setting for this number range ?

Regards,

sim

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

from my experience on change numbers you can maintain the number range during the creation of a change number in CC01 transaction. There is a special button for choosing the number range for the change number.

The number range is stored generally in table INRIV for change numbers.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

for defining number ranges for change numbers you will find all necessary customizing settings in transaction SPRO under

- Cross-Application Components

- Engineering Change Management

- Define Number Ranges

- Define Output Format for Change Number

Please see also the documentation on the last two customizing points.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points if this information was usefull.