cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaining order plan (how to bring it to available budget) S_ALR_87013558

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Plz advice, how to move the value in remaining order plan to available budget? As a result the value can be used for another material planning.

Scenario :

We have PR=10qty, PO=10qty, GR=5. When we force close the PO, the 5 open quantity going to Remaing order plan, therefore the money trap in remaining order plan.

Another scenario : PR=10,PO=10. We force close the PO, it will also go to remaing order plan.

How can we move the money in remaining order plan, without delete one by one the line item?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bettassoci
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nies,

Your budget available will correctly be consumed by any open item commitments. To do anything else is simply 'tricking' the system, and defeating the business process.

Here are some choices you could make:

1. You can TECO the activity, and the 'assigned' cost included in the budget availability check will only include the actual 'goods receipt' from the POs. Maybe you have additional purchases for that activity? Maybe you should create a new activity for each purchase so you can use TECO?

2. You can reduce the quantity of the line items on the PO. Why would this not be done?

3. Manipulate availability control by excluding Purchase Requisitions and Warehouse reservations (transaction groups) or specific cost elements from the budget availability check. See IMG > Project System > Costs > Budget > Define tolerance limits or Specify exempt cost elements. But, do you really want to do this, and risk weakening your budget controls?

My final comment is...as a BPX you should be solving the root cause of a process issue, not trying to put in place a bandaid or temporary fix.

Regards,

Kent Bettisworth

former_member228466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced the same issue and I had confirmed the activity and Teco the WBS.

Rem Order Plan moves to Available budget.

Thanks

Yogendra Soni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neis,

The remaining order plan is a key figure of a WBS element and is calcu-

lated temporarily with value type 25 during report execution as

follows, for example, per order:

apportioned planned costs of the order - actual cost of the order

- commitments of the oder = xxx.

If xxx > 0, this xxx represents the contribution of the order to

the remaining order plan value of the WBS element - otherwise the

contribution is zero.

Considering the above explanation, it is not a matter of the money being trapped as RemOrderPlan. You are dealing with a reduccion of the PO commitment.

Please review note 178837 with regards to availability control.

Best regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martina,

Appreciate for your information. Do you have some idea to clean all remaining order plan, without delete line item..? We really got this big issue at the moment because it seems we cannot create any more material planning (PR/Reservation) under a project. How can i use the value in remaining order plan?because when we create material planning, the AVAC will check the available budget.

Plz help. Many thanks in advance.

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martina,

Is it configurable? Hopefully i can change the config, in order to clear all value under remaining order plan. Normally, we create reservation/PR under a network/activity.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Nies