Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC build takes a long time

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm working on ESS Travel Management, and the number of used components is somewhere around 32! This makes the DC really huge, and it takes a lot of time (close to 20 minutes) to build it, 2-3 mins to save any changes, and close to 5 minutes to deploy it. Is there any settings or shortcuts to speed up process from making changes-saving-build-deploy? If I try to right click on the application and select "Deploy and Run new archive", after about 6 mins, it throws an Out of Memory exception. 'm losing a lot of time because of this. Any suggestions?

My hardware is a duo core 2.8 Ghz, 1.5GB RAM.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the <b>only build if necessary</b> while building.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj

The DC is marked dirty everytime I change something in a component. So build is necessary. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

First of all 2 GB RAM is suggested . for me even 3 GB RAM is not sufficient sometimes. Apart from that u can close all ur projects which u r not using currently. For deployment if ur server is having lots of dc's deployed,it may be a problem. u can remove unnecessary dc's from that server. it may help.

regards

Sumit

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit. This is the only project that I have synced, and opened. Deployment also is not a big problem as its just about 2-3 mins. But the build!!!

I guess theres nothing much we can do about it. Have you been working on Travel Management module on ESS? It has 32 components!! And a sync, build takes close to 70 mins! I wonder why sap makes such huge DCs, or I don't know if it's my fault that I'm trying to modify it!

Anyways, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Manoj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this is just the problem with the DC.

So I'm closing this thread.

Thanks

OJ