cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import queue in prd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ours is 3 system landscape. we have deleted the domain controller. we want to have the exact scenario of DEV as domain controller. We have qas and prd as the other systems. now the problem is that we have some requests in import queue of the PRD system. when we delete the TMS of the production and reconfigure what happens to the queue. is it possible to get back the import queue of the PRD .

Pls help out

Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramma,

After your reconfigure your STMS, the queue should restored back to the same one as present. For safer side you can take a backup of the current queue and restore it back if you don't get the queue back.

Locate the file with name your <SID> e.g. PRD in the /usr/sap/trans/buffer directory. Copy it to a backup file. After reconfiguration if you are not getting back the queue, just delete the file PRD and rename the backup file as PRD. You will get all the transport requests in your production queue.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

If you do not delete the transport directory, It will be loaded back to the queue once you click on the refresh button after you reconfigure your transport system. If there are missing transport requests, then you can load them manually using Extra->other requests -> add or you can use tp addtobuffer command in the OS prompt.

cheers,

kbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bas,

Thanx for the response. What I would l like to know is whether I can go ahead and delete the TMS configuration for prd. as of the now PRD is not in domain. In case I delete the TMS can we get back those CR's which are in the import queue.

Regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

You can do it as long as the transport files are not deleted. You can always rebuild your queue either automatically or manually if the transport files are still there. (data and cofiles).

Do not forget to capture the list of the current queue by exporting the list into a text file. You can use this file later when you rebuild your queue.

What I did before when I re-configured our TMS was:

a. Export the queue to a file (to capture what transport requsets are in the queue)

b. Re-configure TMS. (do not delete any file in the transport directory /usr/sap/trans).

c. Refreshed the transport queue by clicking on the refresh button in the PRE queue.

d. (optional) if the queue is not rebuilt, manually add the transport in the production queue using the add option in stms or using the tp addtobuffer command in the prompt. You can also make a script using the file exported in step A so that you do not have to add the transport files one by one.

rgds,

kbas.