cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when install the NetWeaver CE trial edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried to install the NetWeaver CE Developer Edtion. In the phase 2 "Define Parameters", there's a screen which asked me to input the "Database ID (DBSID)" and "Database Host", the value of "Database Host" is "48D26CA0500E46A", and it was in the unchangable status. When I click the next button the following information occurs:

"This computer's host name is '48D26CA0500E46A' but a reverse lookup returned 'cedev'. This will lead to problems later on when starting the Web Application Server. SOLUTION: Insert a line: '10.10.0.10 48D26CA0500E46A' into the host file 'C:/WINDOWS/system32\drivers\etc\hosts', and then continue with the installation."

I found only insert the '10.10.0.10 48D26CA0500E46A' into hosts would also cause this error, so I removed the "10.10.0.10 cedev" line and tried to continue the installation, and following error info occurred in the "Prerequisites Checker Results" with Severity "HIGH":

"The host name has to be an alphanumerical string of characters [A-Z] and [a-z] and digits [0-9], and the hyphen (or minus) character "-". Although the newer RFCs permit host names beginning with digits, we recommend that host names begin with an alpha character. Maximum host name length is 13. Current host name: 48D26CA0500E46A. See also SAP Note 611361. (Updated 2005-06-24)

"

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

YiNing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi YiNing,

As described in the mentioned SAP Note, the hostname should begin with an alpha character and must be max. 13 characters long. Your current hostname does not fulfill any of these requirements. Please change it in the System Properties (Computer Name tab).

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Answers (0)