cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Service API while loading BI7.0 datasource objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are very simple HR master data text datasouce objects like 0EC_FREQU_TEXT and some custom datasources like ZAAPCAT_TEXT. We were able to load succesffully in DEV and Q. When trying to laod them in production using Process Chain, they failed with the following error message:

Error message from the source system

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the source system.

System Response

Caller 09 contains an error message.

Further analysis:

The error occurred in Service API .

Refer to the error message.

Procedure

How you remove the error depends on the error message.

Note

If the source system is a Client Workstation, then it is possible that the file that you wanted to load was being edited at the time of the data request. Make sure that the file is in the specified directory, that it is not being processed at the moment, and restart the request.

I tested the datasources in RSA3 and they give data. I also tiied manual loading, but was giving the same error message.

Can anybody give some pointers. I need this help by tomorrow morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think at time of loading data flat file was opened, please close try it

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of them have flat file laod. They are all based on either standard or custom datasources for TEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-triggering the load should work.

Take a look at these links/threads...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/bce6c181f456a1e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is any of your loads having Flat-File datasource ,if yes then for the process chains the flat file needs to be on the application server.It might be that the IP path may have the application server path and loaded well on the Dev but has it been configured well on the prod server ??

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..