cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process Text file in SAP-XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I currently have a text file(e.g POinv20071202.txt) at shard drive of Application server. I need this text file pass to ECC5.0 using SAP XI 3.0.

Can anyone please list me the high level steps needed to configure XI to read the above text file.

Also Do i need any third party Adapter to process this file.

Thanks everyone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You dont need any third party adapter for processing the Text file you can use the file adapter with file content conversion in the file adapter for processing the file.

Refer the belwo weblog for File 2 file scenario for design and configuration.

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

For the text file you need to use the file content conversion:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/karthiknarayan.kesavan2/blog/2007/08/22/file-content-conversion-for-multi-hierarchical-structure

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/06/12/content-conversion-in-sender-file-adapter--2-new-useful-parameters

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Thnx

Chirag Gohil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if am not wrong u are haveing an file->xi->file scenario right,

for this no need for third pary adapter cuz u have an file adapter to handle text file

during configuration in ID (integration directory )in parameter processing u type the target-type as .txt file ......and all other thing are given in above liks ......u can follow that ..............!

Regards,

Azeez khan.