cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costs not rolling from the networks to WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There is a WBS element and few networks are assigned to that WBS element. The networks have individual costs posted against them. I understand that when costs are posted against the network elements it should roll up to the WBS element level. When I check in the tables COSP and COSS, I did not find the entries for the WBS element. Could someone explain me what would have gone wrong and why the costs are not getting rolled up to the WBS element level? Is there any standard program that could be run that would roll up the cost from the network level to the WBS element level? Please kindly help me.

thanks

anantharam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this thread:

Regards

bettassoci
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

There are a number of places to check for the answer to your question.

NOTE: You will not find entries to the WBS element in COSP or COSS, if the costs have been posted to a network. If you look at the posting documents, and look at the CO document, I think you will find just the network activity.

There are two ways you will see the costs at the WBS element level.

1. From a reporting perspective, you should use transaction CJEN - Reconstruct PS Info Database. Enter the WBS or Project Definition in the selection screen. Turn OFF 'Background processing'; Turn ON - Test, Object list, Detail list. Execute.

Result: You will see a list of objects (which will incude network activities and WBS element. The records in the report will also show the plan and actual values for each object. By inspection, you can see how the network costs are included in the WBS element.

2. The status of the network determines what values are reflected at the WBS level. There is a table, defined in configuration transaction OPSV - Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects (not my choice of a title!!), that determines what network values show at the 'plan' and 'commitment' level. You need to read the F1 Help to fully understand how the table performs under different object status.

3. If you settle the network costs to the WBS, you will see the costs at the WBS. You can enter the settlement rules manually on the network header or network activity OR you can have the settlement rules generated automatically.

4. Also, be wary of any custom report. You did not mention how you were trying to view the WBS element costs. The standard SAP PS hiearchy and cost element reports should be used to confirm how costs are rolling in the base case, then look at the custom reports to determine what might be different.

Start with CJEN, this is the database for PS reporting. NOTE: You might want to actually run CJEN in the background and re-generate the database just to make certain the information is current.

Do the point thing if this is useful.

Regards,

Kent Bettisworth