cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe: ActiveX vs Native in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has there recently (the last week or so) been an update on Adobe Reader or windows xp that makes the adobe forms not work anymore with web dynpro?

Last week i had a simple form (activeX) in my web dynpro that was working fine. The form had two buttons (activeX), and on clicking the button they set a context attribute to BUTTONONE or BUTTONTWO and then they fire the webdynpro event; In my web dynpro i then check if the context attribute is BUTTONONE or BUTTONTWO and take an action depending on the button clicked. This was working fine, but now it doesnt work anymore.

When i change the buttons to native buttons and change the uielement of adobe to native in my developer studio, it is working again..

Why doesnt the activeX work anymore? The activeX buttons dont even fire an event in my webdynpro. All is configured correctly, because it worked before.

Another thing that doesnt work is the following. Binding the adobe form to the context and then an inputvalue on the form. Setting the value in webdynpro passes the value to the form, but changing the value in theform, doesnt pass the value to web dynpro, so webdynpro still has it's old value in the context.

I hope someone knows why simple things are not working.

Kind regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joren,

Usually this is due to missing or something wrong with the ACF. I suggest to first check in your Windows Control Panel to see if the ACF is installed. If it is there but somehow still doesn't work, try to uninstall it and install the ACF again (make sure to install the ACF which is for your NW release and SP, refer to note 766191 for detail).

BTW, native forms should be the way going forward to. Perhaps you should actually stay with native forms unless you have special reasons to use activex forms.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thx alot for your answer. We dont have special needs for using activeX forms, but i thought they were the forms to work with, because activeX is the default value in the developer studio. The native forms work just fine for us. The only thing i noticed with the native forms, is that there is more "flicker" when i click buttons in my form. The whole UIElement gets refreshed on my web dynpro page, and this wasnt the case with activeX forms.

Kind regards,

J.