Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socket Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the following error for the sender JDBC adapter

<b>Processing Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xidev:1433;databaseName=RDPurchaseOrderDetail' failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

</b>.

Does someone know how to correct this error?

Thanks and Regards,

Jishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Jishi --> Did you solve this socket issue.. I am facing the same problem in my SQL Server..

I have followed the following syntax to set up the JDBC adapter..

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:1433;DatabaseName=<DBName>

But is says SQLServerDriver loaded successfully with Error establishing socket.

When i run the telnet command from command prompt for port 1433 using command "telnet localhost 1433 "

throws the error "Could not open connection to the host, on ort 1433: Connect failed. "

Which means that this 1433 port is not active ( not listening ).

Has anyone know how to activate the port 1433?

Thanks for your input..

Regards,

Murugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have typed the URL wrong.

it should be <b>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xidev:1433;DatabaseName=RDPurchaseOrderDetail</b>

not

<b>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xidev:1433;databaseName=RDPurchaseOrderDetail</b>

It is <b>DatabaseName</b> not <b>databaseName</b>

Remember that java is case sensitive.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did it work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It didn't work for me, and i try all what you say before, i already made those visual admin steps, and i still have the same error, do you have any other idea, thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

For the SQL server you will have to appy the latest service pack,collation fix and the quick fix for the SQL which can be downloaded.when u do onlt this the port 1433 becomes active.by default the 1433 port is inactive.Hope this helps for you as it worked out for me.

Rgds,

Jishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jishi

I still have this error:

Receiver Adapter v2108 for Party '', Service 'ALTERNODEV':

Configured at 17:21:56 2005-10-17

Last message processing started 17:24:21 2005-10-17, Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://144.90.0.233:1433' failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

Addtional information: JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' loaded successfully, additional driver information:

Available JDBC drivers:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver, 1.0 JDBC compliant

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, 2.2 JDBC compliant.

I've tried so many things, and nothing works, do you know if the version of the SQL Server matters? I've Standard Edition, but i read that no one have tried with standard edition, they used enterprise edition.. do you think i've to change my SQL Server for the enterprise one?

Do you have any other idea to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 reasons for this problem.

1) Due to JDBC service problem. Go to Visual Admin> server> JDBC adapter service. Right click on that STOP and then START the service.

2) Due to network connectivity. If this is a n/w problem, then u will not be able to connect to SQL server from the XI server (using SQL client ). Just check this up...

Hopt this solves ur problem.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.