Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement Hierarchy's On InfoObject that is Not Auth Relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please Advice me in this issue.

I am Upgrading from 3.1 to 7.0.I am able to implement hierarchies when the Infoobject is auth relevant.

There are hierarchies in 3.1 on Infoobjects which are Not Auth Relevant.

Like 0PLANT ..I don't know how to implement using this.

Is there any way to implement hierarchies on InfoObjects which are not auth relevant in BI 7.0 using Analysis authorizations.

Or Do i need to make thes non auth relevant InfoObjects of 3.1 to auth relevant in 7.0 and implement hierarchies.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ram

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to make the 0PLANT to auth-relevant to work on hierarchial authorizations.but one thing with BI7.0 is if you turn the infoobject to auth-relevant

it will work on all infoproviders wherever it is getting used.

until 3.5 we had an option to select the infoproviders for which the RSR object should be checked. but in BI7.0, we don't an option to select the infoproviders on which it should be checked.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we implement hierarchy with out making )PLANT auth relevant.

Is there any way.

If you know can you tell me what these objects 0TCTHIEID,0TCTHIELEV,0TCTHIEVERS used for.

Thanks,

Abhiram

0 Kudos

0TCTHIEID,0TCTHIELEV,0TCTHIEVERS are the characteristics for technical name of the hierarchy, level and version.

you can implement the hierarchy on 0PLANT without making it auth.relevant.

But it would be open. you can't implement Hierarchial security on the hierarchy built by your developer until you make it auth. relevant.

0 Kudos

Hi Keerti,

Can you please tell me how to implement hierarchy with out making 0PLANT auth relevant.

We are upgrading from 3.1 to 7.0.

0PLANT is not auth relevant in 3.1 but it has Hierarchies.

So business team wants to have the same in 7.0 with out making it auth relevant.

Please help me in doing this.

Thanks

Ram