cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory movement takes away delivery note picked qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation that delivery note is created and picking is saved.

Inventory movement such as “MB1A, MB1B, MB1C” or Post Goods Issue, the system will only check available inventory and not worry about confirmed and/or committed quantities. And take away picked qty from delivery note. Is this a SAP standard behavier or we are missing some setting?

Thanks,

Dori

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a standard behaviour of the system : some movements must have priority against sales requirement : if you need to scrap the goods, if you need to return the goods to the vendor, if you want to put the goods from unrestricted stock to quality or blocked stock, ..., idem with a change of storage location, ...

If you really want to avoid this, there is some customizing in inventory management :(spro + MM + IM + outbound and transfers + availability checks or somethng like this) : like in SD for sales orders and deliveries, you will be able to decide by movement type and transaction what kind of stock you want to take into account.

But, from what I know, no one excluded sales requirements. But we are in an SD forum

Rgds,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your confirmation. I went into MM Never Neverland with your menu path to make sure our set up is correct but I got lost at IM. I could not find outbound and transfers...I am in 4.7

thanks,

Dori

Answers (0)