cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlevel information on creating a environment for self learning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and hoping to create an environment at home for self learning. I have a strong back ground in infrastructure/ unix / systems adminstration/ oracle database etc. I was unable to find information at a high level how I can go about creating an environment for learning the SAP Basis and Netweaver administration. Can some one please clarify the following:

a) Is it possible to get a trial version that I can use to install the SAP or I will have to buy a license?

b) Since, I am not using it for production - can I renew this trial version by changing the date or there are ways to request new trial keys?

c) Can you please provide the list of all the softwares that I need to install to get a full SAP environment setup?

Edited by: neeraj mendiratta on Dec 26, 2007 1:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between IDES and SAP Licensed Software version in terms of capability?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can buy the IDES version online. See the below thread:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.biztalk.gener...

Have a look at any search site where in you can find lot many sites to purchase SAP IDES.

However, you can simulate the landscape. If you buy the license, you will have access to SAP market place, download the latest patches and also look for solutions.

Also, all the software that are required (apart from the OS) are bundled in the package. You need not buy any on the shelf software additionally.

Rgds,

Raghu

Reward, if you find the solution informative.