cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP: check rule AE in place of A when creating sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when creating a sales order in the sand box, the ATP check rule was "A".

when creating a sales oorder in the development box, the ATP check rule is AE.

The product, the order type, the ATP configuration are completely similar.

I red on the forum that the check rule is determined by the system without any customizing reason.

But in this case, there must be a reason explaining why the system wants us to make assembly order as we do not use PP.

So do you have any idea how this check rule is determined?

Thank you,

Yann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yann

For information, the checking rule in the sales order is <b>A</b> in <b><i>make-to-stock strategies</i></b> and <b>AE</b> for <b><i>make-to-order strategies</i>.</b> The checking rules for 01/AE and 02/AE are the same in the standard system.

While creating material master, in MRP3 view, instead of maintaining "<b>90</b>" (make to stock) in Strategy Group, "<b>20</b>" (make to order) would have been maintained. Check that.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Nevertheless, my problem is not solved as the material was already in make to stock strategy.

The AE is still defaulted in my sales orders instead of A.

Perhalps it is linked to this problem : the system does not allow me to perform an ATP controle on the whole stock but only on sales order stock (i.e. stock dedicated to the sales order).

Is that logical as I got AE?

Thank you,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man I've been trying to figure this out all day. Luckily for you there is a person here who knows more than I do and he was gracious enough to answer my questions. The long & short of it is there is no assignment you can configure or change, the Check Rule is an internal assignment (hard coded) based on the MRP and requirements settings of the material. If you are getting AE then you are using a make-to-order material. Try a different material... one that is not replenishment, consignment or make to order. If you're getting a different rule in 2 different systems with the same materials please share the MM settings of each and we can explore the differences.

This is about as deep as you can get into ATP. Good stuff!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny,

I already check the differencies between the materials in both environment.

Nevertheless, convinced now that it has to be linked to the material I will investigate deeply in this direction even if we do not have PP here and thus no make to order stock.

I will let you know if I'll find the solution.

Thank you

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YAnn ,

I am trying to include a consingment stock in my availibility check , for this is thr any checking rule .

Also how is the checking rule picked up during availibilty check in sales order .

Thanks in Advamce

Regards

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

The Checking Rule is assigned in SPRO under S&D \ Basic Functions \ Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements \ Availability Check \ Availability Check with ATP Logic... \ Carry Out Control for Availability Check (or transaction OPPJ). You define the scope of the check in OPJJ.

The Checking Rule defines the checking procedure to be used for the availability check. The combination of Availability Check and Checking Rule defines how ATP acts. So, for example, it defines which types of stock and receipts to include or whether or not to check different storage locations.

Hope this helps,

Johnny