cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

I have copied a client from an existing client and followed the transaction codes

SCC4

SCCL

RZ10

and everything worked well.

As I have done this before several times, I should be able to logon as 'sap*' with a password 'pass'. However, by accident i have mistyped it few times and am now

not able to log on at all. When I try to log on as 'sap*' with a password 'pass', i keep

getting an error message "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts".

Since this is the only way I can logon for the first time and has to create subsequent users, I am kind of stuck.

J2EE_ADMIN etc., wont work at this stage, since this is a new client just copied.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramprasad,

Since you have already copied from an existing client logon to the existing client and go transaction SM51 then from the Menu bar ->Go to and then remote log on.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Aram K.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Or else you can directly go to transaction SM59 in the existing client and try to log on to the newly copied client once again.once you are able to reach the newly copied client on top of it you can click on "new password" tab wherein you can change your password.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Aram K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aram for the response.

When I tried SM59 and click on NEWPASSWORD, it is saying that I have to first enter old password.

Any other suggestions ??

Tks

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

Probably your basis team can rectify this problem. Check with them.

Thanks

G.Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately due to budget constraints we don't have a basis person. I am a certified XI consultant but am wearing different hats

So any other suggestions???

Tks

Ram