cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Catalog is locked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need you help!

Our master catalog is locked and I'm trying to unlock it. As I read some of the postings in this thread, I checked /CCM/D_CTLG_REG and I see two versions of our master catalog. However, both versions are inactive (there's no x next to either one).

To unlock or delete inactive catalogs, there's /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG. Since our master catalog is inactive for both versions, if I delete 'inactive' version, would that delete both of them? How do I set one of these to active and delete the inactive one?

Please help.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Please be very careful with the /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG report, it is an internal correction report which should only be used by SAP Internal Staff. In your case if you have two inactive version in process AI of the master catlaog please choose the 'Delete' option in the report and seect 'Specific version', if there are two version, e.g. versions 12 & 13 select the later version for deletion, i.e. version 13 in the example above, then try re-accessing the catalog.

Regards,

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Which CCM version are you using ?</u>

<b>We faced fimilar issue ... SAP has suggested this long back -></b>

<i>The problem is as a result of a system restart which occured while a

publication job was in process. The shutdown cancelled the job for

program /CCM/PE_START_REG_PUBLICATION but did not cancel or clean up

the corresponding table entries which are causing the error you now

encounter</i>

Go to table <b>/ccm/d_pub_st</b>
Here you will see one entry in status 'R' (Running) this needs to be
changed to status 'E' (Published with errors)

Then Use report again /ccm/cleanup_catalog 

<b>Related Help links -></b>

To remove the locks, use SE38 transaction and type program name as /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG to unlock or delete catalogues. Please select the correct option !

<b>Related SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 965357 - /CCM/CLEANUP_MAPPING: Long runtimes Note 773975 - TIME_OUT short dump when publishing very large catalogs

Note 909907 - Improved performance of update overview (CCM20)

<b>Please see the related links which deal with the same issue, and will definitely answer your query -></b>

Go to transaction SE38 and execute program /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG. Information about the catalog status is held in table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ.

If your catalog is locked by UI (i.e. publishing) try the report /CCM/CLEANUP_UPDATE_STATUS.

Do let me know incase you still have any queries.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to tx SE38 and execute program /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG.Try to unlock the master catalog, if it is actually locked by using report /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG with the foll. selection options...

Execute the report with the process selected as SE, 'delete/unlock' radio button selected and select the 'unlock' radio button along with 'Active/Inactive/Last version' flagged.

Related links ->

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>