cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a multi level views in webdynpro for java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is i need to create a webdynpro application with 3 screens .

first screen will be a search screen for example with first and last names fields .so when i give search criteria it will display the search results in the second screen below the first screen(search screen) and some of the fields in the result screen wil have a hyperlink so when i click on that it will display the details of that row in the details view below that results view

in simple terms

search screen

results screen

detail screen

please let me know the way to develop this kind of application in webdynpro for java

points will be rewarded for the helpful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

(1) Create 3 screens in the your component.

.searchView

.resultView

.detailView

(2) Go to window and embed these views and connect them through outbound and inbound plugs.

Now create button "search" in search view and on action of this fire the outbound plug and move to result view.

create button "result" in result view and on action of this fire the outbound plug and move to detailview.

(3) Now create two nodes "result" and detail in component controller and create the corresponding attributes required and copy these nodes to all the 3 views controller.

(4)From each view map these two nodes to the component controller

(5) now on click of search populate result node and on click of result populate detail node.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Here you have two options.

<b>I. Display all views at one time:</b>

Open Navigation Modeler,

Create a <b>ViewSet</b> with properties column 1, rows 3.

1. In the tool selection list, select Embed View.

2. In the layout area of the Navigation Modeler, click on the cell of the view set in which the view is to be embedded.

3.In the wizard, choose Embed New View and, in the next window, enter a name for the view.

4.Use the package that you entered for the component definition or select another package by choosing Browse.

5.Choose Finish.

Create 3 views with names search screen,results screen and detail screen.

Use plugs to navigate.

<b>II. Display one view at a time:</b>

Create a main View. Insert <b>ViewContainerUIElement</b>

Open Navigation Modeler.

1. In the layout area of the Navigation Modeler, click on the cell of the <u>ViewContainerUIElement</u>.

2.In the wizard, choose Embed New View and, in the next window, enter a name for the view.

3.Use the package that you entered for the component definition or select another package by choosing Browse.

4.Choose Finish.

Create 3 views with names search screen,results screen and detail screen.

Use plugs to navigate.

You can use <b>visibility</b> property also as another option to show/hide the views in both of these.

regards,

Siva