cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reimporting idoc , with extention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have extended the idoc invoic02 with extra fields, which according to requirement I have to use in XI in replacement for the Basic invoic02..

can I just reimport the new extended Idoc into the ID without problems and what other considerations do i have to think about.

Do I have to do the mapping again , if other developer are still using the original basic idoc in thei scenarios, do they in this case have to change to the extended version.

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadel,

You have to defintly import the new idoc in Id and coming to the Mapping ......mapping has to be changed also because the fields that u have added or delated should upgraded accordingly in the mapping as well......So do change the mapping accordingly ....................

Reward wuth ponits if helpful

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Thanks for the answer.

But do I have do the mapping from scratch or just change it to map the new fields.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fedel,

You can add the new fields for the existing mapping itself and just test the mapping with some values ...........And there itself u can see ......if the mapping is working in the right direction or not ..............

Reward with points if helpfull

All the best

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

reimporitng overwrites the IDOC but you do not lose the mappings.

You may have to map the additional fields.

remember to import into IDX2 as well.