cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pack 3 Levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am implementing an RFID solution to comply with DoD mandate. We have all the pieces for AII installed and works fine. Now I came across a situation where the different items with RFID tag packed into a Case with RFID tag and the cases into a Pallet with RFID tag. Is it possible to pack like this AII.

Items with EPC(SGTIN-96) > Case with EPC (SSCC-96)> Pallet with EPC SSCC-96.

I know that I can pack a case of item with SGTIN-96 EPC into a Pallet with SSCC-96 EPC.

In my case all the items are different products of different line items of a delivery.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Yes - you could assign the GTIN's as you described. Although you may be aware that some groups/organizations have adopted using SSCC specifically for pallets, it can be applied as you need. You may also assign the case and items SGTIN- 96, and use the SSCC for the pallet. This might be more to the standard.

In the next release of AII (4.0), there will be more layers to which you can assign different codes. The Gen 2 spec will be more definitive in assigning codes to items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanya Randy for your response. Looks like I cannot pack 3 levels( 3 different EPCs) in 2.1. Our project supposed to go live in December, but I have to wait until I see version 4.0 then.

Answers (0)