cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrictions in characters used for customer numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it advisable to use the charcter "&" in customer numbers and in business partner naming?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the solution is somewhat acceptable, but I am still in search of the exact reason why system doesn't allow us to do it for internal assignment.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Internal mean system will pickup the number range automatically. System can't understand the special characters when it is picking the number range from the number interval automatically.

That’s the reason why you can use below options.

Either: 000001 to 999999 (or) AAAAAA to ZZZZZZ

Rams.N

If this is helpful assign me points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandramouli,

In the name you can use but in the no. not advisable. When you are defining the no range, it is as following:

Intervals can only contain either letters or numbers, as sorting can differ between platforms (Code page):

Allowed: 000001 to 999999

AAAAAA to ZZZZZZ

Not allowed: AAAAAA to 999999

Please find the SAP help on this.

Thanks,

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atin,

SAP allows us to create number ranges containing wild characters. For example, i have created a number range in my testing client as '&000 to &999' system allowed to create the number range and saved it.

what you say about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I belive that's not advisable.

Thanks,

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chnadra

I agree with Atin. But if you still want to define this kind of number intervals you define it but you should select EXT (external no range) check box for this number interval. For Internal Number range it isn't possible to create such kind of number intervals.

Rams.N

If this is helpful assign me points