cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation - Error in Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm in FI/CO support and have a smattering of SD/MM.

Can anyone help me with this problem on SRM?

After entering a confirmation in SRM, an Error in Process has been given and the confirmation hasn't been posted in the backend.

I've used BD87 to identify that the problem is with the FI period being closed - the IDOC was sent out of SRM on 30/11/07 and wasn't created in R3 until 06/11/07 and, as this crosses the month end, the GR can't be processed.

The Period cannot be re-opened as the FI reports have been completed.

The confirmation cannot be deleted - it states that "Cancellation not possible for , follow-on documents exist" - I assume that this refers to the attempt to post the backend document, though there is an invoice posted (this was done before the confirmation was entered).

How do we process/re-process the confirmation?

Can the posting date in the IDOCs (outgoing or incoming) be changed?

Can the IDOC be cancelled? If so, can we then cancel the confirmation?

I've tried changing the date on the confirmation but this doesn't change the posting date - can the posting date in the confirmation be changed and would this then enable the thing to be processed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sooty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried changing the idoc in R/3 ?

Transaction BD87. Double click into the failed idoc to open up all the data records (elements of the idoc: header, items, account assignment details, etc).

Double click on the page icon against the header data element (looks something like "....HEAD_01...". In there you will see the posting date field PSTNG_DATE.

From the top menu, select: Data record > Display -> change.

You should now be able to change the date to the current period. Press Save.

Yellow arrow back till you get to the screen with all idocs and their status. Select the refresh icon and you should see the changed idoc now highlighted yellow.

Select that line and press 'Process'. The idoc should then be re-processed using the changed posting date. Document should then post in R/3 and the idoc should change to green light.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neil

This is what I wanted!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't see how!!

Now I know how, are there any problems I am likely to encounter?

I can understand changing other fields could cause issues but is there anything I shouild be aware of with the Posting Date??

Thanks very much

Bernie