cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 + BI 7.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

We ordered all DVDs required for new installation of ERP 2005 (ECC6) and BI 7.0.... As of now i've now installed Solution manager on a single machine which is fine... now i'm planning to install ecc6 and bi... after going through the HUGE installation documents and searching forum, i found following information to get my box up and running...

1> i have to install ecc6 by just selecting AS ABAP...after successful installation i have to install BI Add-on Content 7.02 for BI ...

as i do not want any other components of NW 2004s, i'm not installing other components...

my question : is my understanding (above point 1) correct to get full ERP (ECC6) system with BI capabilities (so that i can do reporting, datawarehousing etc) ?

i couuld not find any DVDs, received from SAP, for BI Content. I came to know that we use SAINT tcode to install add-on... does this tcode connects to SAP Market place online for installing add-ons ?

secondly i have question on BI Java :

do i have to select AS Java component while installing initial ECC 6.0 itself along with AS ABAP ? by just selectin AS Java , will i get BI Java or do i have to do SAINT again ? if so, what add-ons do i have to select in SAINT to activate BI Java ?

beleive after going through all master guides sent by SAP with DVDs, i'm bit lost now ...would really appreciate if someone could guide me...

<b>PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST TO GO THROUGH INSTALLATION GUIDES</b>, which i did many times....

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasu,

Given your scenario,

To have BI on ECC 6.0, during the installation of the central instance, you have to tick AS Abap, As Java, BI Java, EP, EP Core.

BI Java is dependent on the ff netweaver software units which are As Java, EP, EP Core.

Regards,

Jeff