cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ESA be leveraged to utilize the intelligence of a nonSAP App?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can ESA be utilized to leverage the existing business process intelligence of a nonSAP legacy system?

If an enterprise is having a multitude of legacy applications with lot of business process intelligence, then is it possible to implement SAP ERP and yet utilize the existing legacy apps by building composite apps on top of SAP ERP and Legacy Apps?

If the legacy Apps are not exposing its business processes as Web Services, can we still build Enterprise Services from those legacy apps using PI?

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me a legacy application today which do not have a service enablement using web service or adaptor technologies.

In my experience, all the legacy systems I faced have direct or indirect solution to support web services ( a SOA enabled technology) or an adaptor which expose the components or procedure oriented business code inside them as Service enabled API.

Even in the worst case, you still can leverage the SOA principles progressivly using an SOA enabled platform such as SAP and connecting legacy systems using SOA principles.

Personally I never came across any legacy system where I can not do some thing to bring them into a service platform.

Thanks