cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i face a problem in LSMW regarding the 9th step "Read Data" the system is asking to enter any transaction number. Which transaction number should i enter? I still now didn't enter anything but only hitting the button execute (F8) and suddenly i got the error message like

<b> Unable to write to file 'TESTPROJECT01_TESTCUSTOMER_CUSTOMER.lsmw.read'</b>

I need plz your Help

Will be rewarded will goods points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wondwossen

It is not necessary to give transaction number in 'Read Data'. Without giving it, if you execute, it should read.

Try with this solution and I am sure, you will be able to proceed further.

Select "Specify Files". Now under the tab "Converted Data", if I am correct, you will see "'TESTPROJECT01_TESTCUSTOMER_CUSTOMER.lsmw.read".

Remove either of the above text say TESTCUSTOMER. Now your text would be TESTPROJECT01_CUSTOMER. Save and proceed now.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wondwossen,

First of all check whether step 7(Specify Files) has been done correctly,in which you might be giving a .txt file to read.So naturally when you should have a file name under the converted data(TESTPROJECT01_TESTCUSTOMER_CUSTOMER.lsmw.csv) similar to the read file.

Check this out and perform the activity once again and it should work out for you.

Also make sure the file name path in the source file should not exceed 60 characters(though it has the permissible CHAR as 120) which also might cause the problem.

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Aram K.