cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prefill ECC transactin with GP work items value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement where I have made a customised transaction of XK03 and implemented it as an iview in portal.Firt time when the page loads I want a few fields like company code ,account group and purchaisng organisation to be prefilled with the values I have stored in work items of the Guided Procedures.I guess it can be done by parameter mappings.Can you plaease explain how to do it ?

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

According to me youe purpose of this Parameter Mapping i.e company code/Purchasing org etc(In generic sence) is to ensure that <b>server-side controllers can react intelligently to user actions on the client,</b> it is necessary to associate parameters with certain client-side events.

Event parameter names (i.e company code/accounting group etc) are hard-coded within each UI(click the url for more info on user interface) element. If an event <u>has an associated event parameter, then the UI element will automatically place a value into the event parameter.</u> <u>This part of the coding is done for you automatically; however, you must ensure that the value of the client-side event parameter is received by the server-side action handler.</u>

In the case of the DropDownByIndex UI element, the hard-coded parameter is called index. Its value will be supplied automatically as part of the client-side event – but this is all happening on the client-side. You need to transport the value of index back to the server, and then ensure that the client-side event parameter becomes a parameter to the server-side action handler.

This process is known as parameter mapping, and is achieved as follows:

1) firstly u can obtain the name of the parameter associated with the client-side event. This can be found by looking in the documentation of the UI element and looking at the mappingOf() method. For example, by looking at IWDCheckBox.mappingOfOnToggle(), you will find that the event has a parameter called checked which is of type boolean.

2) Create an action in the view controller.

3) Define a parameter for the action of the same data type as the event parameter. You will often find it helpful to make the server-side action parameter name the same as the client-side event parameter name, though this is not mandatory.

4)Associate the event parameter with the action parameter. The coding to do this is shown in the next example.

You can find detailed info on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/d41a403233dd5fe10000000a155106/content.htm">this URL</a>

Hope it will hint you.

Krutarth