cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it advisable to use the charcter "&" in customer numbers and in business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it advisable to use the charcter "&" in customer numbers and in business partner naming?

Are there any restrictions in using wild characters for customer numbers. KNA1-KUNNR field.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the resolution.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is not even possible to name a customer using that symbol as that is used as a variable message in message types. That is one of the reserved characters used for error messaging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

When i tried to create customer number with '&' character in the middle of the customer number, it is getting creating, but, if i give this character in the starting of the customer number, yes it is correct as you said, it will consider that symbol for message recognition.

But, my question is, let the '&' character in any place of the customer number, example; 123&456 or AA&12345 like this it is getting created. Is it advisable to create like that? If not what are the restrictions for that?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

there r no such restrictions but it is not advisable in customer numbers but in naming conventions we can use,

eg: one customer name is mahindra & sons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Can I get any standard SAP documentation help for this topic. If so, where I can get it. Because I am unable to get any info in SAP Help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandramouli,

In the name you can use but in the no. not advisable I believe. When you are defining the no range, it is as following:

Intervals can only contain either letters or numbers, as sorting can differ between platforms (Code page):

Allowed: 000001 to 999999

AAAAAA to ZZZZZZ

Not allowed: AAAAAA to 999999

Please find the SAP help on this.

Thanks,

Atin