cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS_OS_Collect RZ20 Fatal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have an Problem with the CCMS Monitoring.

4.6c SP54 (Basis/ABA) Kernel: 2308 46d_ext, SLES 9, MaxDB 7.5.0/28

In RZ20 "SAP CCMS Monitor Template" -> Operation System the Values are no longer refreshed. Message "Value is too old".

Strange thing is, saposcol is running. In ST06 i see the real time values from saposcol. I also can Start/Stop the saposcol from there. So this is not the Problem.

If i choose, View-> Status Datacollector, in the CCMS Monitor (Operation System) an error will be displayed:

CCMS_OS_Collect [Running in Autoabap] CHECKED Fatal Error ( 01.12.2007

, 00:04:08 ) Cycle: 240 sec

Hm... this means the autoabap Programm for Datacollection is not running. If i want to start the datacollection again (double click on error asks me if i want to do so) this is not working.

The autoabap Program which is responsible to get the saposcol Data into the CCMS is "RSDSOSCO". (see RZ21 CCMS_OS_COLLECT). If i run this Program with SE38, the Values in the CCMS OS Montior are refreshed one time!

I didnt find any Missing/Broken Backgroundjobs.

Any suggestions what can be wrong?

Regards

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Did you check that all the CCMS jobs finish successfully? Check SM37 for cancelled jobs.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

"I didnt find any Missing/Broken Backgroundjobs."

i checked the SM37 again and didnt find any Problems.

There is one CCMS Standard Job which is running Program "RSCOLL00" every 30 Minutes.

This Job is running fine.

Enough BG Jobs for the CCMS? Should be, because i did not delete any BG Job.

Regards

Manuel

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

What about job "SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCE" this is the job that collects performance data for the last 24 hours from the shared memory and writes it to the MONI performance database

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

"SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCE" is just a job Name.

Whats the name of the Programm called in this Job? (open job -> step)

I think it is "RSCOLL00" which is running, as you can see in my last post.

Kind Regards

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manuel,

In rz21, CCMS_OS_Collect -> Control Tab -> Execute Method -> what is the value selected -> is it 'Periodically'? Start up tab -> Is the Exec Method immeditaely....checked and On All App Servers checked?

If No. can you please changed the settings?

If Yes, but this method has been changed you may want this method to be transported from some other systems where it is working properly

OR

you may schedule a job which runs RSDSOSCO every 5 mins or so...Since you have said that if you exec this manually you get the desired result. This may appear silly but I guess you hav very few other options!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i solved the Problem with an OSS Message to the global Support.

(Thx Hannes).

In the CCMS Monitor -> mark the MTE (Operating System)-> Edit-> MTE -> Reset.

Resets the MTE. After the reset and an short initializing phase the Monitor is working again.

Thx for trying to help.

Regards

Manuel