cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservations and CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question pertains to transferring reservations via CIF to APO from R3. APO documentation states that CIF supports reservations (manual).

1. How does SAP defines a reservation versus manual reservations.

(Is reservation (manual) defined where user is going online to manually create them?

1A. Is the difference between automatic reservation and manual reservation, the mode of input (online vs. background)?

1B. If yes, what difference does it make if user created it online (direct input) versus where a background job creates it.

2. Does this means reservations that are created using say a program or interface can not be ciffed? Even though it is not related to any order?

3. Or may be what SAP is trying to differentiate between is Reservation (manual) and automatic reservation based on order (for example: when ATP check on sales order creates leads to reservations (a Stock Transfer Reservations and Order Reservations based)?

I would really appreciate if someone can share their experience or insight on reservation.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you must have got the ans on your queries. If possible, Please share the ans with the group

Answers (0)