cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a file through xi and read the same file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue that is, i created a file in C:\ in my system, but the XI will not pick the file, because it is not there in XI server, so how to create a file in XI and how to read the same file. The exact requirement is to create a file through XI and read the same file. Please any one came across this scenario, Please send the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagarjuna,

u can read a file on xi server thru file adapter using NFS protocol. for this u need to first create the file on the xi server. this can be done by going to "
<ur xi server ip>\<ur folder, not mandatory> here u shud place ur file and use sebder file adapter with nfs protocol and read the file.

u can also read the file from ur system if u have an ftp site on ur system. u can create it in ur system properties in mycomputer--> manage . for this u need a sender file adapet with ftp protocol.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

Could you please explain me how to create a file in XI, Clearly and step by step.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey nagarjuna,

du u have ur file and simply going to paste it over there? or some application is creating it?

still in both the cases ur target address will be \<ur xi server ip>\<ur folder>

simply on ur system go to run. give
<xi server ip>\ this will take u to the server file system. here u can place ur file . or if u have a folder go to that folder n place ur file. if u are creati8ng the file thry an application give the above path in the application.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

If you want the file to be picked up from your PC, you should install some FTP in your PC. Specify the file channel type as FTP and give the IP address of your PC in the FTP connection parameters->Server.

Regards,

Divija.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

thanks a lot. Ok. it's cleared. And one more doubt, when configuring the communication channel, there we need to specify the source directory. There i mention the path like
10.1.32.53\sender\nag. Is it correct? Please explain me this.

I m very thankful to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagarjuna,

in case of nfs the path u specify there is the same path where u put ur file...even wen u place ur file there u can directly copy the path from the window itself

<xi server ip>\<folder where u place ur file>

[do reward points for helpful answers]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

I did what you said. But it's not working. Pls how to create a file in AL11. Please explain step-by-step with syntax. it is very needful for me. Please try to solve this.

I am very thankful to you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

tell me vats the error?

u were not able to post the file? or ur sender CC isnt able to pick it up?

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the transaction sxda_tools for placing the file in server.

Regards,

Divija.

(Award points if helpful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

yes.
<xi server ip> takes me into file system of xi server. But i want to able to see the drives of xi system. Because i want to crate a folder with the location like C:
sender\nag some thing like that. Is it possible. If it is possible, please revert back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagarjuna,

You will not be able to see the drives. WINDOWS will not allow you. Better you take a specific path from Basis and have read write perission there so that you can keep on adding your folders. Otherwise, you have to have Basis credentials and using Remote Login, you have to log into the XI appl server.Rather you can see the XI server Desktop. There you may go and see the drives. Run->
xiserver\folder_name will NOT let ou see the drives.

Reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagarjuna,

the basis guys having proper rights can go to the server's drives. even if u can go there in the server itself and see it... ur purpose will not be served. u cannot have xi poll the server's drives.

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

Good Evening. I created a file in XI server with the name
10.1.32.53\sender\xi_input.dat &
10.1.32.53\receiver\xi_output.dat and i specify the sorce/target directory in the parameters tab of communication channels for both sender and receiver as

Source Directory:
10.1.32.53\sender

Filename: xi_input.dat

Target Directory:
10.1.32.53\receiver

Filename: xi_output.dat

Could you please tell me these notation is correct or not?

I think this is ok.

After activating all the Repository & Directory Objects. I went to the Message mapping of IR and pressing the test tab there i enter the data and paste the xml file of source view data in notepad and save it as
10.1.32.53\sender\xi_input.dat.

And i seen the file in the same directory of XI Server, it was there and it will be deleted after 60 secs.

But i am not able to see the file in the target directory.

I Also gone throough the RWB, component monitoring there AE working well and there is no error in communication channel.

But IE gives the error and i am not able to find out this error. Have you any idea about this. If you have the solution, Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it can be done in two ways...

either put the file on XI server i.e. somewhere in c or d drive

OR

use FTP

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

It's fine. But how to put the file in C or in D drive. Because XI server in some where. how to view the drives in XI server and how to put the file into that particular Drive. If you have solution, I request you to please help and send the procedure with step-by-step process.

I am very thankful to you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u try sxda_tools???

Regards,

Divija.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But how to put the file ....

hey nagarjuna...

simply on your system go to run-->
<xi server ip>

it will take you to the file system of your server...

reply back if u face any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want read from local machince thorugh NFS. you need to mount ur localmachince drive into XI Server.

Have you done these settings.

Then u can upload ur file through file Adapter.

For uploading the file you have to use standard program and use the Transaction Al11 for testing the same

Thanks

Abhishek Mahajan

***Please Reward points in case helpful**********

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks. How to mount the my local machine drive into XI server.please explain me asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarjuna.