cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will give a very higher level overview of the problem i am facing.

I have a process chain in SAP APO, deals with SNP extractions from Live cache

Now I need to reproduce the same chain twice every week, say on wednesday with job 1 and remaining chain, and thursday with job 2 and the same remaining chain.

on first day of every month also i need to run the job3 and the remaining same chain.

Job 1 , Job 2, Job 3 are all different deletion jobs deleting individual data mart contents. other than these jobs all remaining chain should be the same in all the three cases.

I am sure there should be some good way to deal this, and which will give effecient way to trigger these three chains.

There is another additional condition that when it runs on first day of every month and if the first day of every month falls on Wednesday or thursday, the wednesday or thursday chain should not run anymore.

I am facing the challenge to apply two different conditions to run the chain on Wednesday and Thursday. By any chance can we do this?

Please quide, I will reward everyone with handfull of points :-).

Thanks,

Quest for APO solutions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use a master chain with local chains in it

your local chains would be -

1. Job 1

2. Job 2

3. Job3

4. Remaining jobs

when you create the jobs in the master chain create is such that it goes through Job 1, Job2 and Job 3 in parallel and has an Or condition attached to it... so your "remaning jobs" will run if even one of the jobs complete

now comes the tricky part of controlling the Jobs1, 2 and 3 to run on different days

and as your additonal days....first create a Factory calendar for each of the jobs with just that day as a working day (so wednesday jobs -- calendar with only wednesday working" )

then you go to the start job of the local chains and in the start time there is a" >>" button... use that and fill your factory calendar made in the step above for the relevant job

Ps: dont know if this will help but please dont belittle answers with your promise for reward points .. dont think many here care for the "handfulls" ...and its worth a lot more anyhow... i can give you my paypal account

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try using the IF condition in the chain? I mean you can have a part of the chain executed and then have a process type "ABAP program" that checks if the CALDAY is Thursday or beginning of the month and if yes, then execute the relevant job. See if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For process chain please refer following. You will your ans after going through it.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/ProcessChainin+SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your conditions are to run diffrent on diffrently on diffrent days...

You may require to create two chains...