cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate button in planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have added characteristic in planning book and was able to activate the planning book in Development but the activate button was not seen in Quality.

1. Would that be a authorization problem ?

2. Can it get solved by SAP ALL authorization ?

What is the way I am stuck and it is very urgent.

Please reply.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will have to transport the planning book that you have changed in Development.

just remember any macros you have created in Q or Prod directly will get deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can access Interactive planning. I went all the way to the wizard and the last button to activate is not there in Quality. This is an old planning book and only characteristic was added. The screens in SCC4 in Development and Quality are same. I do not find any difference.

Please help it is urgent.

Regards

Venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be specific why you want to activate the planning book if you are able to do your interactive functions correctly ? Are you proposing to change any planning book definition field ? If that is the case, you would need to make the change in D system and migrate them. Sometime not all IMG settings are maintainable in the Q system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The planning book was already active and I have added the characteristic in APO BW. For this characteristic to be available in the planning book I need to edit it so that I can assign the new characteristic to the planning book. So once I edit the planning book I need to activate/complete it but when I go further in the wizard activate button is not available.

Is it possible if I get SAPALL authorization or is there any other way ?

Hope I am able to explain.

Thank you for all quick responses.

Please help.

Regards

Venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you were the author of the planning book in the first place ? Hopefully the dataviews in the book has the status of "3" which means unlimited change access. I had earlier mentioned SCC4 transaction to you. They may be in sync between D and Q, but to make changes in Q you would need to have correct settings in SCC4 to make changes to the book. Hopefully you have access to the screen and can figure out the appropriate settings. SAP ALL can be the last option to make all changes in Q. I am guessing it should work, but not absolutely sure.

Let me know if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked. The planning book has dataviews in the book with the status of "3". I checked SCC4 between D and Q. The only difference is CATT and eCATT restrictions is allowed in D and not allowed in Q but eventhough it was not allowed in sandbox it was fine so I think that should not be an issue.

I have not tried SAPALL since I do not have one. But I shall try one if they allow me to.

Hope I get some more clue since it is urgent.

Thank you so much for the help so far.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody. The issue has been solved. The setting in client was not modifiable. That gives us a relief.

Thank you very much for the prompt replies.

Regards

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if the Planning book in Quality is not working in the first place ? Are you not able to access the interactive planning book through sdp94 at all ?

Sometimes there are restrictions in Quality system by default, however a migration through a transport request from Development is the recommended method to bring in planning book to Quality system.

Also refer OSS note 1049566 on this. The SCM component may be set to non-changeable in SCC4 transaction.

Overall, I would recommend not to create planning books directly in Quality and migrate them instead from development.