cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDJ Vs WDA what to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WD gurus,

We plan to develop a medium to high complexed Web application on ECC 6.0.

This application is a HCM related application ( we/client calls it Position management tool ).

We are also currently implementing ESS and MSS.

My question, what is the programming language that should be used to develop this web application. WDA or WDJ

We developed a similar application for my previous client using Web dynpro for JAva.

. I know this decision depends on ot of factors like the in house resource capabilities etc .. leaving all those things apart , where is SAP headed toward, is it Web dynpro for Java or Web dynpro for ABAP for native SAP specific applications??

pease advise

regards

gogol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP support remains same for both WDJ and WDA. Your decision should depend on your client requiremnts.

If your client's is web based environment i.e. it has applications that they can be accessed over the Internet, they can consume web services etc. Then you better go for WDJ because it has extensive capabilities to access web applications and you can easily upgrade to CAF as this is the future for SAP web based environment.

If your client's is SAP native environment i.e. Most of the system's are SAP only. You better go for WDA since it has extensive capabilities to access SAP systems.

Except this, you need to assess other criteria like as you told in house resource capabilities etc.

Finally,

SAP in future moves forward with both WDA as well as WDJ as we were told in SAP TechEd'07 Banglore.

Hope this helps .

regards,

Siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva

a very valuable suggestion.

thank you

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gogol,

I would not be able to suggest for your particular scenario, nevertheless have a look at this blog and also the article below:

/people/oliver.mayer/blog/2006/06/14/web-dynpro-abap-or-java

http://www.sapfrontend.com/webdynpro-for-java-or-webdynpro-for-abap/

Bye

Ankur

********************************************!!

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert