cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Enterprise services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

started leanring about SOA. We are currently on ECC 6.0 with the latest support packs. Is there anything that needs to be installed for the ESOA / web services to work or do they come as default with ECC 6.0 and higher. Do i need to ask the basis guy to install any thing specifically so that the services are avialable?

appreciate any help on this question

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

For ES bundles 2, see notes:

Note 1082084 - Enhancement Package 2 for SAP ERP 6.0: Enterprise Services

Note 1061133 - ECC-SE 602 Add-On Installation / Delta upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Arul,

My question is regarding standard services. How can I make the standard services avialable

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. To get SAP's standard services , you need install corresponding Enterprise Service Bundles (Known as - ES Bundles). They are normally shipped as Enhancement packages - Check the notes: 1010970, 950808 for more info.

Hope this answers your question completely.

Regards,

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gogol,

It depends on what do you want to service enable. To make your custom function module , you can go to se80 transaction and open the function group, select the function module and right click on the function module -> select create -> web service. The function module has to be remote enabled in the first place.

One task for the basis is to activate the SOAP Runtime through SICF transaction. To do that ,

go to sicf transaction -> navigate to sap/bc/srt and activate this service.

PS: SAP is trying to provide standard services for most of the processes. You might have to create cutom service only when you have a gap.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul