Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles Profiles and authorizations for SAP HR consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks, I have been assigned to create three sap hr users. My question is what are the roles and profiles I have to assign to these guys, and other thing is i have already setup cua for this client. I tried to create role and assign some of the hr profiles, cua is giving hard time. Please help me out. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It did, ok can u tell me if u were told to create a sap hr user, with all hr required auth's how do u do that.

Later i came to know that user couldn't able to work properly from su03 method.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marquis,

The role definition should be aligned with the work these consultants will perform. What requirement will this consultant(s) be filling? I would be very careful with the access that assign, for obvious reasons.

As far as your second inquiry, when you say HR profiles are you referring to standard/custom defined HR roles or the PD profiles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Agree with Michael, you need to find out what they need to do and create the roles based on what they need to do. They should tell you what transactions and data they need to access and you translate it into access for them.

Exactly what problem are you having with CUA? Can you give more info. CUA giving you a hard time could be one of may things! Maybe worth creating a separate topic for that one.

0 Kudos

Hey I got the answer, any wayz thanx for ur suppot, my answer is

T--> su03, list hr authorizations

attach those authorizations to the user

if there is any other way please reply here thnx

0 Kudos

When you start SU03, does it not warn you not to use it or mention something about building roles (transaction PFCG)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marquis,

Take some time and read though the various documentation available in help.sap.com, service.sap.com and here at SDN you can use the search for related terms.

Specifically for searching this SDN Security topic forum, keep an eye out for posts by Morten Nielsen, John Navaro and others who have consistently participated in the related threads.

is another. I remember consultants having been mentioned in another about transaction OOSB, but couldn't find it with a quick-check (using the search).

Kind regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

It did, ok can u tell me if u were told to create a sap hr user, with all hr required auth's how do u do that.

Later i came to know that user couldn't able to work properly from su03 method.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hello Marquis,

I am neither a salesman nor a consultant, so believe me that I am not trying to sell you something.... for your task you require some assistance.

Ironically, consutants are often used for such assistance => why don't you contact those 3 consultants and ask them to define (and justify) which HR access they require in which system?

If they are good consultants, they will be able to explain it to you, help you create a role for them and restrict their own access at the same time.

If they cannot do that... then they are not good consultants, but rather good complainers (in which case, they will most likely request SAP_ALL shortly before go-live).

Keep us posted,

Julius